New York unemployment event

Get loaded and maybe get lucky!

Get loaded and maybe get lucky!

There might be one or two of you out there who are unemployed. I can’t imagine what the problem is given all the jobs I see and hear about. Why just this morning three recruiters accosted me in the subway station with promises of everlasting joy if I signed up with them. Alright, so technically they wanted me to join Jehovah’s Witnesses. And maybe the pay is a little low. But the medical and dental is top notch, and the life insurance is out of this world.

A more earthly opportunity is coming up next week for the unemployed in New York City. The industrious gang over at The 405 Club is hosting the PROJECT 405 PARTY: Race to Place Challenge. It will be a casual gathering with recruiters, advisers, counselors and fellow unemployed New Yorkers. I will definitely be there, as this morning’s opportunity fell through when I requested a face-to-face meeting with the big boss. It’s always something.

Please RSVP. And if you see me there, be sure to say hello. I’ll be the guy who looks unemployed.

1. GD wrote:

If you see me say hi too, I’ll be the friend without benefits. (http://www.zazzle.com/friend_without_benefits_tshirt-235108873819174562?gl=the405club)
    *plug!* ahem

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 6:49 pm | Permalink
  2. no job;( wrote:

Great show tonight on CNBC…thought of you. You would have been great on it. Called Town Meeing/Where the jobs are. Try to catch it. Heres a link they provided

jobs.cnbc.com.

May the Universe bless us all;)

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 11:13 pm | Permalink
  3. Norm wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I saw the show actually. There was some interesting stuff, though I could have done without all the swooshes.

Wednesday, March 18, 2009 at 11:51 pm | Permalink
  4. EPL Addict wrote:

I am jobless and savings are running out. Blog while i wait for bills to come and job offers, if there is any. Check out my blog

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 7:13 am | Permalink
  5. no job;( wrote:

Ah yes the “swooshes” were affecting me as well… I felt like I was in a staff meeting with a great power point presentation (sound affects)…ah, those were the good ol’ days!

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 11:15 am | Permalink
  6. GD wrote:

I only watched that program for about 5 minutes and they were basically telling me that I should suck it up, forget getting an office gig, and flip burgers just to have a job. ha! not going to happen.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 11:44 am | Permalink
  7. unemployedinamerica wrote:

Join us?

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 11:52 am | Permalink
  8. TO EPL: wrote:

EPL – I tired checking out your blog but yours is one of those that it is VIRTUALLY impossible to leave a COMMENT on.. I think support and encouragement is necessary during these times… you dont have comments and its not that we dont care its that we CANT leave you comments…

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 11:56 am | Permalink
  9. Norm wrote:

Um, I’m confused.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 1:21 pm | Permalink
  10. http://www.myspace.com/unemployedinamerica

pass it along please.

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 1:13 pm | Permalink
  11. network wrote:

sorry for the double post… i will put a link to your page on there… feel free to delete the second post.

Thanks and GOOD LUCK!

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 1:41 pm | Permalink
  12. unemployedinamerica wrote:

Norm, need your advice…email?

Thursday, March 19, 2009 at 1:43 pm | Permalink

One Trackback/Pingback

1. […] more urgent than hobnobbing with people who might get me work. This time I convinced myself to go. Event organizer, The 405 Club, is a quality unemployment site that deserves my support. The conference […]